A deacidifying diet is a great way to fight against body acidification. It is worth knowing what such a diet is about and how to construct a menu. Diet should lead to a situation in which it is possible to equalize the pH level of the blood to a slightly alkaline, so that you feel better.
What are the principles of such a diet?
Only fruit and vegetables and alkalizing substances will be able to restore the correct situation in our body. In the diet we have to reduce the number of acidic products and we increase alkaline products. We also eliminate highly processed food, which is also how acidification is defeated. If we pay attention to potential alkaline loads in food, we should decide to consume products such as stem vegetables, leafy vegetables. Further fruit, root vegetables, tubers, fresh fruit and nuts. If we want to maintain balance, we should eat 80% of alkaline ingredients and 20% of acidic products.
Deacidifying diet - MENU ideal:
In your daily diet you will have to focus on ingredients such as:
- stem and leafy vegetables such as celery, parsley, kale, chicory, lamb's lettuce, lettuce, cabbage, rocketroot
- sprouts, which perfectly alkalize, so it will be worth adding them to your own salads
- Cherry tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, courgettes, root vegetables, cucumbers.
- potatoes, fruits, milk, milk, dairy products, non-carbonated water will also have an alkaline effect.
- also aromatic herbs such as chives, parsley, marjoram, thyme, dill, oregano, mustard, caraway, paprika
We avoid products that provide us with acidic ingredients. These are primarily those which, after the transformations, will become acidic.
Suppliers of acids include:
- meat, offal
- eggs (except for yolk, which is alkaline)
The products that will cause the formation of acids during the transformation include sugar, sweets with sugar. An alternative may be a stevia, which is slightly alkalizing. In addition, the following ingredients are also available
- white flour products can be replaced by whole grain products, dark bread
- when it comes to grains, it will be worth choosing a rice como, buckwheat groats or spelt.
- The body will also be acidified by carbonated drinks, alcohols, coffee, so you have to bet on water and herbal teas.
We also have agents that act neutrally, allowing a balance between acids and bases. This will include natural oils.